Sunday, April 19, 2009

Susan Boyle

The nation is raving over Susan Boyle, the dowdy 47-year-old from a village in Scotland who wowed Simon Cowell on Britain's Got Talent. She has an amazing voice and sang a beautiful song that left the audience, and some of the judges, giving her a standing ovation. Many people said it made them cry. I found the song choice to strike an emotional chord, but what I found to be really sad was how she was mocked when she came up on stage. People already judged her based on her looks and many, including Cowell himself, were sure that nothing short of a new violinist could sound worse on the ears. Susan Boyle proved them wrong and reinforced the old saying, "You can't judge a book by its cover." Good for you, Susan!

1 comment:

  1. Like I said in my email when I forwarded this video to some friends, it's inspiring and a nice story, but also serves as confirmation that British television is annoying and weird! What is with them constantly cutting to those two jokers backstage??

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!