Tuesday, October 21, 2014

What's old is new again

So, at the request of a friend, I dusted off this blog. I had to chuckle when I read the last post. In 2009, I was talking about President Obama and the swine flu. Now, in 2014, I could swap out "swine flu" for "ebola." I guess it is somehow comforting to know that whole years can pass and everything is just the way you left it.

Speaking of leaving things alone -- a thing that a lot of people have trouble with -- I was working on something this week that required edits from a more senior person. While one would think that the focus would be on whether or not the content was right, not so for this VP. Instead, I was questioned my use of the word "brand." You can't write "brand new clothes" because that might get confusing when talking about a company brand several paragraphs later. Ummmm...I am not sure that readers will be THAT confused by the use of the word "brand" in different ways.

And if they are confused, who are these people?

As the kids say, "whatevah!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts!